XAOP is looking for a capable, motivated System Administrator to share responsibility for all aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our application stack and network systems.
Do you love tackling problems head-on? Do you enjoy bringing order to chaos?
If you can answer “yes” to those questions, then you’re the system admin we’re looking for. We run a fast-paced but casual office in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
What will you be doing?
You will be building and maintaining a toolchain for improving the development to operations methodology of XAOP.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Manage the configuration and operation of the full stack of the software solution.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Automate all of the above
Which qualities are we looking for?
Skills every system administrator should possess:
- Be analytical
- Be able to solve problems efficiently
- Being able to deliver a performant result
- Experience with version control
- An eye for security
- Love for the command line
- Dislike doing the same things over because that’s what computers are for (automate)
Web- and network-related skills:
- Deployment of common web-related frameworks such as rails
- Nginx and apache
- Network topology, routing, firewalls, IPsec tunnels, …
- Amazon Web Services (chiefly EC2, VPC and ELB)
related to development:
- Shell scripting
- An understanding of diverse programming languages (at least basic)
- Source control management with Git. We manage our infrastructure “as code.”
- Working with JSON (e.g. jq)
- Relational Database administration (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, …)
- Graph databases like Neo4J
- Work experience: Not required, but beneficial
- We do require that you're able to demonstrate your skills and passion
- Education: Professional Bachelor or 3 years of relevant work experience
- Languages: English, knowledge of other languages (such as Dutch and/or French) is preferred
What are we offering you?
- a competitive salary and package based on qualifications and experience
- working together with a great team of colleagues, especially your fellow system admin
- the possibility to work from home
- travel allowance
- trainings and events on a regular base
- every Friday is free pizza day
How to apply?
Interested? Scroll down to start the first part of your job interview at XAOP by having a quick chat with our current System Administrator, Teddy. Good luck!
Please note: we are only looking for candidates from within the European Union.